While throwing a party and entertaining guests can be a fun way to spend your night, it can also be overwhelming and stressful. Do you have ample food for everyone to eat? Is there enough space for guests who want to spend the night? Did you pick the right music to flow with the party? So many of these questions will surface, so the last thing you want to worry about is who’s going to mix up the cocktails when everyone’s ready for a drink.
You could hire a bartender or take on the task yourself, but we get it, you want to save moneyand enjoy yourself. So why not make big batch cocktails and forget the rest?
How to Make Easy Large Batch Cocktails
Big batch vodka cocktails and other popular party drinks are simple to achieve with organization and pre-party preparation. Here are a few tips for crafting big batch cocktails for weddings, birthdays, holidays, and other get-togethers:
- Keep liquor and juices separate until the party. If you’re mixing the drink the night before or hours before the get-together, avoid mixing the liquor and juice until your guests arrive.
- Have ice cubes on deck. Adding ice cubes to your large batch cocktails will dilute the drink over time. Keep ice cubes handy for guests who want them.
- Follow a 1:2 ratio. Turning your favorite mixed drink into big batch cocktails doesn’t have to be complicated. Generally, you should have at least an ounce of liquor per two ounces of juice. You can also use your best judgment if you like to eyeball your recipes (or tend to pour heavy for you and your close friends.)
Large Batch Cocktails: Easy Cocktail Recipes for Parties
Ready to experiment with big batch cocktails? Try one - or all - of these easy cocktail recipes for parties:
1. Party Sangria
Thissangria recipe by The Spruce Eats makes a delicious summer drink for all of your friends to enjoy.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 lemon, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 1 orange, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 1 lime, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 1 8-ounce can diced pineapple, with juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 splash orange juice, or lemonade
- 4 ounces gin, or triple sec
- 4 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup raspberries, or strawberries, thawed or frozen
First, pour the wine into a large pitcher. Squeeze the juice of the lemon, orange and lime wedges into the wine, tossing the excess wedges into the pitcher as well. Add the pineapple, sugar, orange juice and gin. Mix the concoction and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Right before serving, top off the sangria with ginger ale and frozen berries. Enjoy!
2. Boozy Sherbet Punch
A sweet and satisfying treat on a hot summer day, thisboozy punch recipe by Delish will be a hit with your guests. Plan to prepare this the day of the party.
- 3 cups ice
- 1 2-liter bottle Prosecco
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- 2 cups pink lemonade
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 quart sherbet
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
Add ice to a large punch bowl. Pour in the soda, prosecco, grenadine, pink lemonade, pineapple juice, strawberries, and pineapples. Stir well.
Top with sherbet and maraschino cherries. Enjoy!
3. Tropical Rum Punch
Looking for the easiest recipe for large batch cocktails? We’ve got you covered. Our Tropical Punch Cocktail Mixer includes all of the ingredients you need to make a delicious drink, just add your favorite liquor and you’re good to go!
- A 4-pack of Flighty Premium Mixers Tropical Punch Mixer
- 4 ounces (½ cup) or more 😉 of your favorite liquor - we recommend rum!
Simply pour the Tropical Punch Mixer into a large mixing bowl, adding at least four ounces of liquor to the batch. Double or triple the recipe based on the size of the party.
Even if you don’t want to combine the mixer into large batch cocktails, you can still craft a quick and delicious cocktail for your friends with our Tropical Punch Mixer. Get yours today or check out ourother tasty mixers before the next get-together.